Released in November 2015, Magento 2 has improved performance, scalability, easier customizations and better code to support.
Businesses that are still using Magento 1should know why Magento 2 is essential.
Statistics confirm that Magento 2 performance is much faster compared to M1. Magento 1 can become a complicated e-commerce platform for non-techy businesses, Magento 2 was designed keeping performance in mind.
- Page load speed in M2 is 30% to 45% faster compared to M2. A faster load time in the performance helps with browsing more products in the catalog, which impacts sales and reduces cart abandonment.
- M2 can manage 40% faster order processing than M2. Not to forget that your hosting company does have an impact on the shopping cart.
- A faster load time in the performance helps with browsing more products in the catalog.
- Magento 2 provides high-quality functionality which can handle higher traffic. M2 can process 10 million page views in an hour compared to M1 which can process 200,000.
- M2 community edition can manage 50,000 orders in an hour.
- M2 has an inbuilt ajax cart, unlike M1 where you have to install a module. Ajax cart helps with adding products to the shopping cart without reloading the entire page.
- Caching in M2 is available as soon as you save a product, unlike M1. M2 has a built-in full page cache.
- Magento 2 is optimized for PHP 7, which provides superior performance to previous PHP versions.
- The product creation tool in M2 is four times faster than M1.
- A robust data grid view is added to M2 and you can view the attributes with ease without browsing into different Sections.
- The interface for admin is simpler and to the point. You can easily search the page and functionality.
- M2 has a native video upload functionality from third Party embedded URL.
- A customer can create an account after placing the order in M2.
- Fewer forms on checkout like creating an account which helps with conversion.
- Improved PayPal integration in M2 where customers billing address is handled by PayPal.
- Order summary shows product photo to avoid any errors.
- M2 provides a much more mobile-friendly checkout and faster performance.
- The code changes within the module do not affect external modules facilitating seamless integration of third-party modules.
- Magento 2 has been designed to make installing patches and upgrades easier. It is simpler and easier to upgrade to the latest version than M1.