Now that the majority of us have settled into the new year – 2018. We have all set new goals for our businesses and their websites. However, it is possible that maybe you forgot to add one item to that list of goals – Most Common SEO Mistakes to Avoid in 2018. However, that is quite alright, as we are here to remind you of these and also, provide you with some truly helpful tips, which will help you to avoid these common SEO mistakes…
Without a doubt, (SEO) Search Engine Optimization is one the best ways of organically attracting traffic onto your website. So, let’s do our best to avoid, unnecessary SEO mistakes this year.
We bring up SEO mistakes and mishaps, as this is an important topic that should be addressed in regards to SEO. We’ve exhausted the tips on what you should be doing, but someone has to t break the news on the ineffective and faulty SEO practices that should be avoided in 2018.
Give the checklist below a shot in avoiding the most common SEO mistakes. You won’t be sorry!
Avoid these common SEO Mistakes in 2018!
- You Must Have a Keyword Strategy. You can’t simply use keywords randomly or whenever you want; wherever you want without any thought. Not having a keyword strategy is the top, most common SEO mistake. Here’s how you can avoid a possible catastrophe:
Obtain a Keyword Strategy such as:
- Keyword research
- Analysis of Keyword
- Keyword Grouping
- Keyword Monitoring (Extremely Vital!!)
- Expert Round-Up
It is of absolute importance that you determine a keyword strategy before you embark on a successful SEO endeavor. Keyword strategy is essential to all digital marketing strategies.
No matter what type of marketing campaign you develop – keyword strategy will be the core of it. If you don’t have access to relevant words or phrases, you won’t be able to write a simple article and/or blog post.
Keep in mind that all your SEO efforts will be ineffectual unless you have developed a killer keyword strategy.
- Do Not Keyword Stuff – Exaggerated Keyword Optimization is a BIG NO! You might think that stuffing more keywords is the best way to go… However, this is not true at all. You want content to sound coherent and as natural as possible. Keywords are used to optimize content and conserving a nice spread of these words throughout the entire piece of content.
In fact, too many keywords or keyword phrases in an article and/or blog post can decrease the quality of your content, which will impact your website traffic and ranking in a negative way.
Once upon a time – keyword stuffing was okay to use and even effective…. However, this outdated method does work any longer…
- Don’t Waste Time Optimizing Irrelevant Keywords. A keyword which is irrelevant is similar to a rotten apple – you don’t want it to spoil the rest of your apple bunch… There is no point in spending time and nurturing something that simply does not work. Irrelevant keywords can possibly damage your keyword strategy and in turn also, hurt your SEO campaign.
A rich keyword strategy, as mentioned earlier is the core to a successful and prosperous SEO campaign, which will reciprocate in higher returns. An SEO campaign, which has been founded on a great and potent keyword strategy will help you gain greater organic traffic, relevant visitors, better engagement, great leads and conversions!
This year go back to your previous keyword strategy and put an end on wasting time and effort on irrelevant keywords. Utilize Google’s Keyword Planner and create a new one that will surely help you reach greater heights and a higher rate in returns!
- Unethical Link Building. When it comes to link building – Google can be extremely insidious. Do not try buying links, working through link baits or any other link building shortcuts, as you will be penalized by Google.
These unethical and/or faulty links are of low quality and it will appear on your link profile.
Stay away from sketchy websites that only provide low grade links and sketchy and/or suspicious, private blogging platforms and/or networks.
You should be earning your links by incorporating methods, which are ethical and accepted by the guidelines of Google.
We highly recommend that you do the following for your link building efforts:
- Third Party Posting
- Guest Blog Posts
- Competitor’s Link Building
and the likes… as these will grant you with high value, Google-friendly links.
- Inconsistent Updates on Your Website. One of the most profitable things that you can do for your SEO campaign is to update your website on a regular basis. Stay current. Give your visitors/customers something new on a regular basis!
Believe it or not – our visitors really want to see updates on your blog page each time that they drop by your website. Users want to be able to obtain new, current and relevant information that’s not outdated and lame.
Different search engines crawl on websites and search for current, high-quality content. Such content will be recognized by Google and other search engines and will greatly improve your website, organic traffic. It will also, increase your website rank on search engine result pages.
So, if you haven’t been updating your website, there’s no better time to get started but NOW!
- Lack of Image Optimization. Chances are that you are more likely to drive more traffic onto your website from Google Image Results. Therefore, you need to maintain all the pictures and/or images that you utilize on your website optimized.
Many people ignore this very important aspect of SEO and simply assume that it can’t make much of a difference… Well, if you are one of these people with this notion – you are wrong and you need to optimize all your website images as soon as possible!
All you need to do is take some time and check to see if your website is functioning at the correct speed. This is of utter importance, because if your website has a delay in loading – it is highly likely that many visitors will leave your website and move on to the next one…
This year keep your eyes and attention peeled to this valuable strategy of Image Optimization for best SEO practices and results. In fact, you can check the speed of your website on Google’s PageSpeed Insights.
This year avoid these common SEO mistakes and watch your (SEO) Search Engine Optimization campaign become more successful than any other year before…